Saturday, February 2, 2019

Stanzel Family Tree

2 February 2019

This post is the last quoting from the article from a Stansal family member.
His name is Orin Chester Stansal  born 4 November 1898. He lived in
Kelowna BC and is of the same generation as my father,  I quote;

'When I was twelve yrs old, we moved from Eden Grove, Ont. in 1910 to
Balgonie Sask. My mother passed away 23 Jan. 1937 and my father passed
away 6 Jan. 1946. Both are buried in North Glendale Cemetery. I married
Frances Louise Cruse on 18 Sept. 1918 in Lloydminster, Alta. She was born
16 April 1897. We had six daughters, Verna, Pearl, Dorothy, Mona, Lorraine
and Marjorie, and one son, Clifford. All were  born in Sask. Your grandfather,
Raymond Clifford Stansal was born 22 May 1921. He married Mavis Checkley
who was born in Ottawa 25 March 1925. they were married in Ottawa on
17 April 1943. your grandmother passed away  on 29 March 1959 and was
buried here in the Kelowna Cemetery.
  I am writing this on my 80th birthday and feel very thankful to my Creator
for the strength and health that I have, and look forward to shaking your hand
again, if not in this life, in the wonderful world to come, where there will be
no more sickness, pain, sorrow or death'

Written on the 4 November 1978   Stansal,s are a branch of the Stanzel family.

Next posts will deal with settlers in  Goulbourn Twp. and info taken from the
Carleton County Copy Books held at Ottawa City Archives.

No comments: